Wednesday 7 November 2007

Just Another Beautiful Day at Palo Duro!

I was up just before 7:30 this morning. I kept waking up last night for some reason so decided I may as well get up. Consequently I went for my walk earlier than usual. The sun was hardly up above the rim of the canyon so it was still pretty cold. Once the sun comes up it warms up nicely and today was bright and sunny again with a clear blue sky and 74F (23C).

Here's a photo I took this morning from the rock where we took our anniversary photos. You can see our fifth wheel from there.



After breakfast and our usual morning surfing the internet, we got ready to go into Amarillo. I needed to go to GNC and SuperWalMart so I wrote down directions from Google Maps and we were on our way. It took a while to find GNC as they tend to be in a strip mall and there were many strip malls in the area but we finally found it. We had seen the SuperWalMart on the way so it was easy to find.

Once we finished there we headed back home to enjoy the rest of the day in the Canyon with one final stop at the Entrance of the Canyon to sign up for two more days so we're officially here till Sunday. Now that we have the errands and side trips out of the way, hopefully we'll be able to hike some more trails. Gordon wants to do the Lighthouse Trail which is 11 miles return. I don't think my back can handle that although I would like to see the Lighthouse. It can only be seen from the trail.

I sat outside for a while this afternoon however there must be something blowing around today that was causing allergies as I could hardly breathe so was forced to come inside. Bummer!

The photos below I also took on my walk this morning just as the sun was peeking over the ridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.