Friday 16 November 2007

Another Day at Bosque del Apache NWR

Today started off slowly. Gordon went out for sunrise but was back early as it started to turn cloudy. I read a bit and just generally hung around although I did get up and do my walk at 7:00 a.m. At least I can breathe here unlike our previous stop. The altitude isn't nearly as high here.

Yesterday when we arrived we got parked next to Gordon's photographer friends, Gayle and Breland so they've been giving us tips on places to go in the Wildlife Refuge to see things. Gayle mentioned the Cactus Garden at the Visitor Center so away we went to see it early this afternoon. I took many, many photos. You wouldn't think a cactus garden would be pretty but this one is. I was raised with flower gardens, my mother and father were both gardeners so I love flowers but was suitably impressed with this garden.




We then decided to go into the Refuge and look for critters instead of birds. We wound up seeing a badger, a couple of mule deer and about 8 white tailed deer.






We also took a lot of photos of the sandhill cranes flying. They flew right over my head. Sure glad they didn't do anything on my hat! And lots and lots of snow geese swarming!


Also lots more photos of scenery!


And of course the usual sandhill cranes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.