Tuesday 16 October 2007

A Day for Housework

It was 9C (49F) this morning as I set out for my walk. Yesterday when we drove around the park I noticed that there was a walkway that went along the quarry so today I walked all the way around the quarry. It took about 20 minutes and was a nice walk. I like this place as it has all sorts of places that you can walk. I even saw a nature trail not far from our site this morning so maybe I'll check it out one morning.

When I got back and after breakfast I got the laundry ready and went over to the park laundromat. It's $2 to wash and $2 to dry. Quite expensive although the Ottawa Municipal Campground in Ottawa is the same price. A lot of the dryers are 'out of order' as they are closing down the park for the winter in two weeks and one lady (I use the term loosely) had taken nearly all the dryers having just finished her washing when I arrived. I said Hello to her and she ignored me! She loaded her dryers and left so when I went to put my things into the dryers there were only three available. Her dryers stopped and still she wasn't there. I waited nearly 10 minutes then emptied one of them and put my laundry in. About 5 minutes later she came back. I was sitting outside reading my book but I could her the dryer doors slamming so I walked back inside thinking she would confront me about emptying her dryer. I was ready for her but again she just ignored me. What a b****! Anyway, she left. I got my laundry finished, folded, home and put away.

I had my lunch while reading my book. After I finished the book, I made stew for dinner as it's something we haven't had in a few weeks.

Since I didn't take any photos today, here are a couple that I took yesterday.

A pretty tree at Fort Erie


Ducks at Crystal Beach

Not much else to report today! We might go in to Fort Erie for sunset this evening but I'll save that for tomorrow if it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.