Friday 9 March 2007

A Nature Walk


This white ibis flew right in front of me this morning on my walk

I slept really well last night and this morning was mostly sunny and 64F (18C) when I got up. It quickly reached 70F (21C) by the time I had returned from my walk.

Betty and Garth have gone to an antiquarian book fair in St. Petersburg for a couple of days so we’re on our own.

I sat outside and read for most of the morning. This afternoon with temperatures reaching 86F (30C), we drove to Estero River Scrub which is not far from where we are. I only had sandals on and Gordon is fighting a cold so we decided not to walk there today and continued on to Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve. Here there is a boardwalk that goes through the preserve and a lot of it is shaded so we walked around there and got to see a fair number of birds as well as some swamp iris. It was very hot today but with a slight breeze so it was only bad in the sun. On our way back we stopped at Walmart to pick up a few things.

It’s very warm here during the day but cools off nicely with a breeze at night. Ideal!



This is a photo I took at the Estero River Scrub this afternoon

Little blue heron at Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve

Water iris at the Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve

Part of the swamp area at the preserve

Wood stork at the pond at Walmart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.