Sunday 29 October 2006

Our Last Day in Ontario

We had really strong winds overnight. It was forecast yesterday that we would have gusts of up to 100 km/hr so the RV was being buffered about. The wind is supposed to get worse during the day today so Gordon took down the internet satellite as we have free wifi at the campground and it’s pretty good and fast. That will be one less thing that we have to do tomorrow morning as we want to get away early. It looks like the only nice day to get out of here.With the wind, the water in the campground is drying up. The winds are coming from the west this morning so if we had gone today we would have been driving right into it for almost the whole way with the exception of going south on I-81.

I took a short walk around the campground but it was just too wet and muddy. I spent most of my time trying to walk around or jump over water puddles.

Most of the day we spent relaxing. Gordon went into Brockville to fill up on diesel at 86.9 at the Canadian Superstore. When he got back we went to the campground showers and this time they worked. We also dumped the gray water tank but since we don’t have any water at the site to backflush that’s all we did.

Tonight I’ll get the inside of the RV prepared so we can get on the road early tomorrow.


  1. Anonymous10:56 pm

    This is what Oswego looked like on the US side of Lake Ontario today! (Scroll down for photos)

  2. Anonymous9:47 am

    Have a safe journey Sandra & Gordon. Soon you will be warm & dry once again!


Thank you for leaving a comment.