Sunday 22 October 2006

It's Just Too Cold For This Lifestyle!

Today's photo was taken by Gordon in the Sonoran Desert this past winter when it was sunny and warm. I miss palm trees!


TOO COLD! TOO COLD! TOO COLD! It was -1C (30F) at 8 a.m. I’ve actually worn my gloves the past couple of nights while eating dinner. These rigs are well-insulated but not for this kind of weather. Being full timers, unfortunately with having to spend five months in Ontario and six months in Canada, we have to spend some of April and most of October under these conditions. I bundled up for my walk but it wasn’t really very pleasant although it hasn’t started raining yet. It’s supposed to rain here for the next two days so I don’t think we’ll warm up inside too well as high temperatures are supposed to be 6C (43F) and 5C (41F).

We had some wet snow this afternoon but mostly it rained. We occupied ourselves watching a couple of Harrison Ford movies and napping while wrapped up in blankets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.