Saturday 29 July 2006

Congratulations Nick and Becky!


Nick and Becky cutting the cake - Becky made the cake and decorated it herself. It was good too!

Nick and Becky share a kiss with the Ottawa River in the background at sunset

Nick and Becky leaving the church in Nick's friend, Kyle's 1938 Chev Coupe

Nick and I in front of the church before the ceremony

Today started out cloudy and humid with a high smog advisory.

Nick called last night and wanted us to be at the church today for 5:30 p.m. to take family photos with him before Becky arrives.

We went to The Gourmet Restaurant in Carleton Place for breakfast and then toured some streets of rural Carleton Place that we hadn’t been on before. We also stopped at Mississippi Lake RV Resort to see what it looked like. They wouldn’t let us go in and look around. You have to make an appointment with the owner if you want to go in and tour the place. There are a lot of cottages on Mississippi Lake that I didn’t realize before. I had never thought of the Carleton Place area as ‘cottage country’.

I got my hair done this afternoon and then went and got my driver’s license renewed. At least I know my hair will look good on my driver’s license.

Around 3:00 p.m. the sun came out and stayed out so we had a really nice sunset in the background for some of the photos.

We left about 4:45 p.m. and headed into the church, All Saints Lutheran at Pinecrest and Queensview. We beat everyone there but with rush hour traffic on a Friday night, you never know. We got the photos done of Nick and Pete and Nick and me as aunt and godmother. It was a beautiful wedding but was very hot in the church. Nick looked very handsome in his tux and Becky made a beautiful bride.

After the wedding the immediate family headed over to Andrew Hayden Park and we took more photos before ending up at Capone’s at the Nepean Sportsplex for the reception. I got to dance with my husband, that doesn’t happen often. I also got a dance with Nick. He and Becky really seemed to be having a good time. Becky baked her own cake and did a really good job.

We got home about 11:45 p.m. and Bib was really happy to see us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.