Sunday 8 February 2009

Sunday around GISP

We slept with the windows open last night. It sure makes for a good sleep. When I got up at 7:30 a.m. it was already 65F (18C). I headed off for the wooded area and again walked part of Turk's Cap Trail. I didn't see any wildlife other than a few birds. Also stopped at the bird feeders and hung around long enough for some birds to arrive. The cardinals were so pretty!

Interesting old tree

More trail photos

I thought this was a cute pose

This is Lief, the Alaskan Malamute

I then took another trail from the bird area which goes to the next camping area. This area has a lot of low trees so it's mostly for small RVs and tents. As I arrived I saw this beautiful big dog. He was just gorgeous. He's an 18 month old Alaskan Malamute named Lief. I patted him for a while. Such a friendly dog, but huge!

From there I headed back to the RV park for breakfast. The morning was spent on the internet, then reading outside, then back inside to get my geocaches logged. I guess I didn't log one of the ones from Arizona last year and there were a couple that I hadn't logged from Indianola this year so that is now done, I have my number of caches logged on my sidebar - now 16. I spent some time on the geocaching.com site today trying to learn something about it. Can't say as I know everything now but I know more than I did.

It was very windy today but we did reach a high of 74F (23C). It wasn't a very nice day to sit outside though.

This RV came in this afteroon towed by a huge semi, boy was it noisy!

Late this afternoon we went out for a drive and saw the whooping cranes at the feeder again, then we tried to find some deer but no luck there so we came back and had dinner at Pop's. Gordon had tacos and I had an oyster Po'Boy. It was yummy!


We stopped first at the bird feeders in the park and saw a lot of male cardinals and a few female.

One of the whooping cranes

Pops

This fish is made out of beer caps

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Sandra:
    Sylvia and I are in Austin headed south. We will be in San Antonio about 1 week. Will you be in Rockport in 2 weeks?
    E-mail me at Geavery@hotmail.com.
    Enjoy the winter!
    Glenn & Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.