Thursday 10 January 2008

Up Too Early!

Sunrise!

Gordon woke me this morning at 6:50 a.m. "Regis and Kelly is on at 7:00 a.m.", he said. Since we're moving today, I had told him yesterday that I wanted to see Live With Regis and Kelly (or in today's case Howie and Kelly before we packed up. My sister, Betty and her husband, Garth are in New York City this week and had tickets for the show so I wanted to see them in the audience. I didn't see them but that's the way it goes.

Betty and Garth are in New York City every year at this time. Garth is a Sherlockian and they gather in New York City to celebrate the birthday of Sherlock Holmes. What, you might ask. Was Sherlock Holmes not a fictional character? To some, apparently, he's not. The Sherlock Holmes Society was founded in 1951. I haven't been able to find out how many members they have but there are chapters all over the world, the most famous, of course, in London, England.

Gordon had already gone over to the entrance booth and signed us up for another two weeks so we're just moving to the site behind us which is another pull thru.

We hauled a lot of stuff over to our new site and hooked up and Gordon went to the dump station - 2 weeks without dumping and the tanks still weren't full! I must say we were really careful though as I wasn't too interested in having to go to the dump station! Even though you're not going far you still have to pack everything up as if you were going cross country. Let's see if we do as well this time. I stayed at our new site with the "stuff". So now we're here at Usery Mountain until January 24th.

Our new site.



This ocotillo flower was laying on the ground.


After we were set up I decided to do some updating to my blog so have added some side bar photos. I started out with important dates to us, then meeting new friends, then old friends and relatives. When I started putting this plan into action it made me realize that I don't take the 'right' photos sometimes. I'll have to make a note to myself to do better this year.

This afternoon I managed to find the hummingbird feeder in the storage compartment so got that outside with some nectar in it. We had a Gila Woodpecker and an Anna's hummingbird at the feeder this afternoon. Gordon also put out more birdfeed on the ground but spread it over a wider area so we didn't have the feeding frenzy we've had before.

I managed to do the little 1/2 mile trail within the park, so walking over there and back was probably close to a mile. Other than shopping, that's the most trail walking I've done in four weeks. My foot did quite well, it was sore after but not unreasonably sore. The view of the Superstition Mountains from the trail was very pretty today. The only different bird I saw was this phainopepla.

Funny looking saguaro.


I also joined Bookcrossing.com today and registered one book. Now I just have to find an RV library to release it. I also need to print up some labels to put in the books. I just handwrote in the one I have ready.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy. Two more weeks at Usery Mountain. How I envy you.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.