Saturday 31 January 2009

Farmer's Market and Stuff

I was up at 7:30 a.m. today. It was 44F (7C), bright and sunny. I headed over to the forested area again. Gordon had decided yesterday that he was going over this morning to find the deer. I met him where I had seen the deer yesterday but no deer. I don't think they like his new lens. I didn't see any either. We walked together for a bit, stopped where the bird feeders are but there were no birds there yet as it was still in the shade. I think the birds are like me, they like the sun!

There were four ibis and a great egret in the frog pond this morning. Here are two of the ibis with their reflection.

It was cold enough to have frost on the boardwalk.

This turkey vulture reminded me of Count Dracula!

After breakfast, we went in to Fulton to the Farmer's Market. There was only one person selling veggies so it wasn't much of a farmer's market. I didn't find anything I wanted to buy so just walked around the harbour, looked at the boats and walked a short ways on the pier.

Farmer's Market


The pier

Lots of white pelicans here


From there we drove down the beach road, then over to Walmart where I picked up items I need to make dessert to take to Ellie and Jim's tomorrow. I had found a laundromat in the little newspaper they have here so we drove over to it. Lots of machines out of order, I wasn't impressed but at least there were no bums sleeping on the tables. It's also at the far end of town so not sure where I will be doing laundry. Maybe I'll have to wait till we get to Mustang Island. There's a nice laundromat not far from there.

We also saw flocks and flocks of great blue heron leaving the area where they roost in the live oak trees. Don't know why they were doing this around noon today. Maybe they slept late? LOL

Some of the herons, there were lots more than are in this photo

The live oaks where they roost


While we were in town clouds came in. Bummer! I thought today was supposed to be nice all day so our high only got to 66F (19C). I had planned to sit outside and read this afternoon but since it was cloudy. I made the dessert for tomorrow, then read inside. I also got some vacumming done.

Mid afternoon it started to sprinkle a bit and then rain. They really need rain here, everything's pretty dry.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:32 pm

    Hi Sandra,
    I am an RV-Dreams family member from Ottawa. I was just catching up on your posts and read that you are out of your Magic Multi Mix. I am going to be flying back to Ottawa the last week of Feb. and would be happy to bring you more if you'd like. We're going to be camped on Mustang Island. You can contact me at lillest (at) gmail (dot) com
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:43 pm

    Hi Sandra: we look forward to meeting you at Recreationland this Spring. We expect to be back around May 1st and will be staying there for the whole summer this year. It's so much cheaper when you can commit to one place for 5 or 6 months. We have a daughter who lives in Orleans so it's the best RV park for us. And it's close to Rockland which has a Tim Hortons (our hangout) and Rockland also has the cheapest gas we've seen around Ottawa. It's always 2 or 3 cents cheaper than Orleans.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.