Sunday 1 February 2009

A Gathering

What a beautiful morning! The forecast was for cloud and rain, instead it was sunny and 58F (14C) when I left the RV at 7:40 a.m. I was taking photos at the back of the rig when Gordon came along and he walked with me for a ways toward the forested camp area. I kept going when he stopped to do some camera stuff. There were lots and lots of cardinals all singing this morning. They are such a beautiful bird! Lots of birds out today and a flotilla of white pelicans near the boat ramp.

Pier at sunrise

The pelican flotilla



We just hung around this morning. I had a shower and sat outside in the sun (under my chair awning) to let my hair dry and read my book.

Today is Superbowl Sunday and we had been invited to The Last Resort RV Park to meet up with Jim and Ellie and Mark and Dortha at their place. Debbie and Rod had also been invited. We arrived shortly after 2 p.m. It's a really nice park and the two Phaetons are parked side by side so it was convenient. The TV set up was at Mark and Dortha's and dinner was set up at Jim and Ellie's. They had made corn, sausage, potatoes and boiled shrimp. Debbie brought a fruit salad and I provided Rocky Road bars for dessert. It was all excellent! Thank you to our hosts! It was great to finally meet Dortha and Mark and Debbie and Rod after all this time getting to know the ladies in the rv-dreams chatroom.

Gordon and Jasmine


Superbowl lunner


Watching the Superbowl


We left before it got really dark as we didn't want to get locked out of the campground. They do provide a combination but we didn't want to have to deal with it.

Another great day - sunny and 74F (23C) with very little wind.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad we finally got to meet. We really enjoyed the day and look forward to spending some more time with you guys.

    Hugs,
    Dortha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a real sports nut but I did watch the game...Those Cowboys played a good game didn't they?

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to join all of you. What a party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.