Thursday 25 December 2008

Christmas Day

I awoke again to mild temperatures with no wind but cloudy and foggy again. This morning was just getting everything ready for the potluck today, getting showered. I did go out for my walk and did my exercises first thing though.

We don't exchange gifts anymore, there's nothing we need and no place to put anything so why spend the money!

I looked up migraine and damp, foggy weather on google and it seems that some people are bothered by this kind of weather and it does cause migraines for some so maybe that's what I've been experiencing lately although it never bothered me before. The headaches don't feel like migraines I used to get years ago, not nearly as debilitating but they are annoying just the same!

Just before 1 p.m. we took the Cornbread Stuffing and ourselves to the potluck. We found that people here don't dress for Christmas so we were probably overdressed but the food was excellent as usual. We got home around 2:30 p.m. and I proceeded to read and have a nap. Gordon went out to see if he could find any photos.

Here we are by the Christmas tree in the rec hall.

I called home around 5:30 p.m. to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. My sister from Toronto, Betty and her husband, Garth had gathered at my younger sister, Margie's to be with her and their family.

We didn't have much for our dinner, still full! It was a lovely 68F (20C) Christmas Day!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that the TX weather co-operated for the holiday. You two look great in your short sleeves by the tree. Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:29 am

    I get headaches from the humidity. Much like a migraine. I found that Advil Cold and Sinus helps but who wants to take them everyday! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you fine folks. I look forward to following you in the winter months ahead

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.