Friday 22 August 2008

My Friday and Details on Iris

Today was hot and sunny with just a bit of a breeze. After my usual morning ministrations I got the laundry ready. While I was doing that Betty called and invited us to go out to the cottage to go for a boat ride but I had to decline as once I get the laundry ready, it has to get done as there's nowhere to put it! It took me till nearly noon to get it done but now it's out of the way for another week or so.

When I got back to the RV it was very hot inside so the air conditioner went on for the first time since we've been here in Lindsay. Around that time a big toy hauler arrived and parked beside us. They have a seadoo in the toyhauler so they've been out on the river this afternoon.


I took my lawnchair down there by the river. It's about 10 degrees cooler than it is up by the RV even though it's only about 100 feet away. I sat there and read my book for a while (photo by Gordon).

Boats passing by on the river


We finally got some vital statistics on our new granddaughter, Iris.
Weight - 7 lb 6 oz
Length - 20 1/4 in
Hair - light brown
Born - 5:02 p.m. August 16th

Caden, Iris and Lily


Iris

5 comments:

  1. We both have August g-kids! You have a sweet looking Iris there. When will grandmaw get to see her? Where do they live? My two grandsons live in Kansas and we do not get to see them but once or twice a year.

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the grandkids Sandra. they are such a joy in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sandra,
    What a little sweetheart she is,love the names of the G-kids!
    Sassy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! In fact, all three are real cuties. I didn't know you had a Caden too. Our Caden is red headed and a hand full. LOL

    Hugs,
    Dortha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iris is just adorable! Congrats. Grandkids are so great. When will you get to see all of them?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.