Saturday 23 August 2008

Birthday, Anniversary, Beading

Today is my younger sister, Margie's birthday. Happy Birthday Margie! Here she is opening one of our gifts (that I purchased in Tubac, Arizona this winter) last Saturday.


Today is also another milestone. It's our 4th year of fulltiming anniversary. Four years ago today Gordon drove our rig out of Vos Trailers in Stittsville, Ontario to Tranquil Acres RV Park at Carleton Place and that was the beginning of it. We're still enjoying it and are hoping that Gordon's Valley Fever setback will not prevent us from continuing our chosen lifestyle.

I've been planning this day for over a week. Today was the day I went to beading class. I arrived about 9:20 a.m. and the shop wasn't open yet. Murida has the shop in a part of her house so she opened when I arrived. I was the only person there so I got one on one attention which is the kind I really like! So from 9:30 a.m. or so until I left just around noon, this is what I created.

Since it's my first creation I'm quite proud of it although Murida did give me help in tucking the wire into the other beads after it goes through the crimper. That's really tough! I also found that I didn't cut my beading wire long enough. Next time I'll know better. She also answered all my questions and gave me her msn live info so that I can ask her anything I need to know on chat. A very nice, helpful lady with no charge for the beading class. I did, however, buy some beads, wire, crimping beads and clasps from her. For her website, click here. The name of her business is The Jewellery Box.

After that I stopped and picked up some fruit and a few other things and came home.

It was hot, hot, hot and humid today although to most of you who read this blog 29C (85F) isn't really hot, to me it is especially with little or no breeze.

When I got home I turned on the air, got my book, read and proceeded to have a long nap! It just seemed like the right day for it as I fell into one of those deep sleeps. It's been a while since I've had one of those. I don't sleep well when I have something going on the following day.

Some of you have asked when we will see our new granddaughter. Right now that's up in the air. If all goes well and we can go south this winter, we will probably see her and the other grandchildren on our way south. If not, we will try to drive down sometime this Fall or Winter. Plans in jello right now!

5 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic necklace! I wish I would have been there with you. There's so much to learn and I'm not a book learner. I hope you get on the road this winter.
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you make it down south again, then maybe I can meet you sometime. Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely necklace! I hope you can make many more.

    Plans in jello, yes I sure understand those.

    Take care,
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri and I both hope that you can return to the south this year. We would like to meet you both. Get better Gordon...no pressure...just get better. Hey if you can't we will just have to plan a trip north.

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra,
    nice to hear from you. It's finally hot again back in Toronto- very different from the Atlantic provinces, that's for sure. It was funny, we could see the haze as soon as we drove past Oshawa. I can't say I missed it during our trip.

    Happy RV anniversary- perhaps I will change my mind about it as I get older, and perhaps being with my in-laws made more of a difference than I realise. I would like to travel after retirement, just not sure how. Lots of time to figure it out though.

    Congrats on the new grand-daughter. She is adorable.

    I hope Gordon gets better and that you'll be able to continue your trips down south.


    Enjoy the rest of the summer!
    xx
    AM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.