Saturday 29 March 2008

We See Some Improvement!

Today was a pretty good day for 'the patient'. He got the sewer hose hooked back up again from unhooking it so the RV Doctor could get at the kitchen slide this week and then we dumped the tanks. Then around noon he decided he wanted me to show him where the flowering cactus is in the desert so against my better judgement I took him there. He's also saying he's hungry and all this after only 2 pills of the antifungal drug. Sure hope he keeps improving so we can get going on our drive back home. I've probably rested more today than he has!

This is a photo of Gordon in the desert this morning.


The desert is covered with white wildflowers.

Yesterday morning when I was out walking I saw this Gambel's quail on the back of one of the chairs in the desert.


Yesterday on our way home from Emergency I took a photo of the "A" on the top of "A" Mountain. This is where Sentinel Peak is. We've been up there a couple of times. There is a lovely view of the city and a few trails for hiking.

I did do my morning walk although I didn't have as much enthusiasm as I usually do for it. Whether it's knowing that the desert can make you sick or I was just tired, I'm not sure.

The rest of the day I was on the computer, reading or sleeping. Not a very exciting day except for the improvement in Gordon's health.

Gordon was going to cook some burgers on the barbecue tonight but it was too windy so we went in to Wendy's instead. On our way back we drove through Tucson Mountain Park for a bit looking for critters but all we saw was a roadrunner on our way to Wendy's.

Interesting day, wasn't it?

2 comments:

  1. WHOO-HOO!!! Great news...here's to a continued speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:37 pm

    Dear ones....

    Gordon....feel better soon!!! What a journey...hope this ends up just being a "blip" and not something that ends your wonderful lifestyle. Ms. Sandra....get some rest!!! I know how you worry and you need to take care of yourself too! Hope to see you over the summer! Love from the newlyweds (still) ....Laura & Steve

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.