Sunday 30 March 2008

Meeting New Friends

Today was a windy day but still bright and sunny but a bit cooler at 82F (28C). I walked in Pima and Tucson Mountain Parks this morning and saw this little jackrabbit nibbling at the vegetation.

The jackrabbit is beating a hasty retreat!



This ocotillo is changing color.



Gordon cooked hamburgers this morning before the wind came up thankfully otherwise I would have had to cook them on the stove and I hate doing that. With the wind so strong it keeps blowing out the fire in the barbecue so the hamburgers were ready by the time I got back from my walk.

This morning and afternoon I spent reading and making bracelets. Gordon and I walked to take the garbage to the dumpster and we chatted with a few people along the way.

I got to chat with my friend and former co-worker, Najat on Yahoo Messenger this afternoon and found out the latest information on the company I used to work for.

I had made arrangements yesterday to walk over to Desert Trails to meet Carolyn and John of Travels in Our Airstream. Carolyn and John are also from Ontario and have spent this winter in Yuma. They leave tomorrow to take a short detour through Texas before heading north. I'm glad I finally got to meet these fine folks! Carolyn and John stopped by to see us when we were at Mustang Island last year but we were out so we finally got to meet! I spent a while chatting with them arriving and leaving through the desert. I even took my camera but did I remember to take a photo???

That's my day in a nutshell!

1 comment:

  1. days goes on and on...
    in a nutshell :)
    who knows how long is a day for a jackrabbit?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.