Wednesday 5 December 2007

Tucson Mall and Other Shopping

Today was a beautiful sunny day with a high of 81F (27C). I had a nice walk this morning but didn't see anything interesting in the desert although at one point I thought I smelled javelina but didn't see any. They have a skunky odor.

The plan today was to go to the largest mall in the area, Tucson Mall. On the way we stopped at a local post office as I had some things to mail. You can sure tell it was Christmas. It was lined up forever! Tucson Mall was pretty much like any other mall in America except for Arizona Street which sold lots of local things. I didn't buy much and I think that will keep me away from malls for a bit. I did want to go to GNC as in the U.S. they only have their discount for the first seven days of the month unlike Canada where the discount is any time. While I was in the mall, Gordon went out and found a Taco Bell as there is one coming into the mall but isn't there yet. He also found a Trader Joe's and had a look at that but didn't find anything he wanted.

After that we stopped at Wild Oats as there were some things I needed then on to Food City where we picked up a few groceries and stocked up on water at 15 cents a gallon. Haven't found a better deal yet on water!

We had planned to go to Walmart as well as we had thought there was one next door to the mall however it turned out to be Sam's so Walmart will be my trip of the day tomorrow.

Since I didn't take any photos on our outing today here are some photos of some more of the local cactus.

Beaver Tail Cactus

Club Cholla
Devil's Club Cholla

Engleman Prickly PearFishhook Pincushion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.