Tuesday, 4 July 2006

Moved to Morrisburg, Ontario

Our site at Upper Canada Campground, Morrisburg, ON

We left Ottawa Municipal Campground this morning around 8:40 a.m. and headed to Vos Trailer Sales in Stittsville where we purchased our fifth wheel. Our bathroom sink had finally arrived and we had made arrangements a couple of weeks ago to have it installed today. Finally I get my bathroom back!

It was installed without incident and we were on the road again by 10:40 a.m. arriving at Upper Canada Campground near Morrisburg, Ontario at about 12:10 p.m. We were set up in our site by around 1:30 p.m. It was hot and humid so I turned the air on as soon as we were plugged into electric. This campground, like Ottawa Municipal, does not have sewer on site but does have a dump station as well as a pump out. I haven’t looked into that yet as I don’t think we’ll need it as we’re only here for a week. The campground is full of kids and makes me long for the 55+ campgrounds in the south. Not that I don’t like kids, but I do like peace and quiet when I’m sitting out in my lawnchair reading or pondering the meaning of life (Yeah, right!) The good thing about it is it’s only about 5 km to Upper Canada Village where Gordon has a pass to take photos. So, no sooner were we set up than he was on his way to the Village and got back about 2 hours later having taken 243 photos. No doubt they will be appearing on his pbase site at some point.

There had been a forecast of rain for this morning but luckily we didn’t see any of it and were able to pack up, drive where we needed to go and get set up without getting wet (other than sweating).

For those of you that don't know me, I was born and raised in this area and attended all my high school years in Morrisburg and lived there for a while in the late 60's and early 70's. I also worked at Caldwell Linen Mills at Iroquois (a short distance from Morrisburg), the Bank of Nova Scotia and Mutual Products during that time.

Back to today - I took Bib for a walk around the park, tried to muzzle him as there are so many kids around and he doesn’t like kids but he wouldn’t walk with it on, just kept trying to get it off. Luckily no kids approached him so I didn’t have to tell them that he would bite.

I sat outside in my lawnchair and for a while used the fan as it was so humid, read my book and just enjoyed the time. I also went on a little walk around to find the washrooms and the laundry room and to get familiar with the campground. They have two pools here and I had thought of going for a dip but didn’t get around to it. The pool was also loaded with kids. Needless to say, I’m glad we’re only here for a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.