Thursday 18 February 2010

Thursday February 18, 2010-Eye measurement

When I brought the paper in after my walk this morning, this was one of the headings on the front page, click here.

I had a nice long walk this morning. I'm discovering more nearby paths that go through greenbelt areas within the city and I enjoy walking there rather than on the sidewalks. It was -4C (25F) with a windchill of -10C (14F) with wind coming from the west. We've had a lot of west wind rather than north this winter it seems. Must be El Nino! Although the forecast for today was cloud and snow flurries, this afternoon was bright and sunny with blue skies! From the radar, it looks like our 'weather' went south of the border. Good news for us! We actually reached 0C (32F) today with a bit of a wind.

Today was my appointment to have the tech measure my eyes to make my implants. There are three different machines they use, one of them is a laser measurement which costs me $180.00. For that one they have to freeze your eyes with drops. Well, my eyes move even when they're frozen but eventually she got the reading she needed. Then I wait to see the doctor and he does another check of my eyes, explains to me that I can get some vision improvement (he said 1%) with lenses that cost $300/eye rather than the ones covered by our provincial health care. I tell him I'll think about the lenses. My extended health care with Nortel does not cover any part of the interocular lens.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has chosen the upgraded lenses and also those who haven't to see if they're happy with what they chose.

For anyone interested, here's the website. They have an interesting video about the lenses.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about the lenses, but when it comes to our friend Sandra, I would think all of us readers want you to buy the very best you can. We gota keep you bloging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you glad you were there this winter, instead of a more severe one.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.