Monday 15 February 2010

Monday February 15, 2010-Family Day

I received a comment from Diane on yesterday's post. Thanks Diane and to many others that have commented on how stupid this whole immigration problem has been. Hopefully it will get resolved on a positive note and SOON. I can't tell you how tired I am of being left up in the air not knowing what we'll be able to do for next winter.

Today is Family Day for most of Canada. This is the second year that Family Day has been celebrated here. The powers that be seemed to think we needed a day off in the dead of winter. However, although it is basically a Federal holiday, the Feds don't get the day off while the provincial government does. Also there are no grocery, wine, beer, libraries, malls etc open. It is a day to be spent with your family going to Winterlude! We, however, have elected to stay at home. Gordon spent most of the day backing up photos and I finished my book 'Death in Kenya'.

It was quite mild today with a high of -2C (28F), a nice winter day!

2 comments:

  1. What was that abstract picture about? Come on and come clean ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see they made Family Day coincide with Presidents Day. That is so that those who live on the border, like I did,(Ferndale, WA) won't get confused!!
    I hope you can get the US government sorted out soon, too, or you might be moving to Vancouver Island to get the better winter weather.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.