Monday 8 February 2010

Monday February 8, 2010-Trip to the RV

Well it was -19C (-2F) (wind chill) when I set out for my walk. It was cold and the wind was nasty but the only thing that was cold was my nose. I tried my best to only breathe through my nose so my glasses wouldn't fog up.

After breakfast I decided to make up the gluten free tea biscuits that I had purchased the other day. The mix comes in a box. They turned out really good - light and fluffy. Gordon is wondering what he did to warrant bread and tea biscuits in the last two days.

Randy asked the other day what books I've been reading. Here's a list of what I've read over the last couple of months:

Karen Robards-Beachcomber; Heartbreaker
Nora Roberts-Time Was; MacGregor Grooms
Dorothy Galock-Song of the Road
Philip Margolin-Ties That Bind (reading now)
Sandra Brown-Send No Flowers
V.C. Andrews-Heaven; Broken Flower; Darkest Hour; Pearl in the Mist
David Baldacci-Saving Faith (didn’t like it); Absolute Power
James Lee Burke-Elysian Fields
Harlen Coben-The Woods; Just One Look
Margaret Maron-Sand Sharks
Julie Garrand-Shadow Music
Mary Higgins Clark-Daddy’s Little Girl
Iris Johansen-No One to Trust
Faye Kellerman-The Burnt House
David Rosenfelt-Open & Shut
Anne Rivers Siddons-The House Next Door; Nora, Nora
Stuart Woods-Grass Roots

We had lunch and then took the long way out to the RV. I wanted to pick up a few things that we were running out of and I knew we had in the RV. We went through the countryside and took some photos along the way.

The Old Almonte Road

A couple of scenes along the way

A group of old log barns with a rail fence in the foreground


I got what I needed from the RV, then we stopped at the Superwalmart in Carleton Place since there isn't one in Ottawa and Gordon bought a pair of lined pants to wear outside on cold days and I got some extra warm mittens. They don't make them for ladies apparently so I got a pair of large in boy's size. I'll hopefully get to test them out tomorrow.

Now if I could just get a nose warmer.......

4 comments:

  1. Even though it is cold, it is still pretty. Lovely pictures, as usual.
    I have to breathe through a scarf or something when it is that cold!!
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you would like this to read: The colour, by Rose Tremain
    You sure are a trouper walking in your cold weather but it is probably good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just LOVE that shot of the old barns... all your photos are lovely from your crisp morning walk. Thanks for sharing!

    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures of the area. I can't believe you don't have one of those face warmers, the only thing open is the eyes and mouth. Please take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.