Tuesday 22 September 2009

Tuesday September 22, 2009-Relaxing

Although it was cloudy this morning, it was a nice day for a walk. It was much warmer than it's been at 18C (64F) however there was a threat of rain so I just walked around the immediate area and didn't take my camera. Of course when I was down by the river I saw a deer on the island across the way. I went back for my camera but by that time it was long gone.

I was on the computer most of the morning, did some reading and after lunch started out for a walk as the sun had come out and found myself down by the river sitting at the picnic table and looking at the water and listening to the wind in the trees. There were no other sounds, no humans around, no dogs barking just the wind in the trees.

A pot of mums

And a dahlia


More fall colours

Looking stormy!

Red leaf on a lily pad

Another photo of our huge yard

This is what I was gazing at


I used to do things like that when I was a kid on the farm. I'd roll up on the lawn in an old quilt and look at the sky and listen to the wind.

Throughout my adult life I guess I was just too busy with 'life' and 'work' to enjoy those things much.

We've had a mix of cloud and sun but no rain so far although I see some activity on the local satellite.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh you take such NICE pictures, Sandra! I really like the red leaf on a lily pad, that is very interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures and just reading about the sounds of the wind in the trees is so relaxing. I can't wait to get out in nature! Thanks for the calmness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place, and pictures. Difficult to believe that it will be covered in snow there.
    Happy Trails, Penny TX.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.