Thursday 24 September 2009

Thursday September 24, 2009 - Around Home

I downloaded a new blog counter last night and started it at 93,000. Let's hope it doesn't crap out on me!

I woke up to a nice bright sunny morning but a bit cooler than we've seen the last couple of days at 11C (52F).

The low lying clouds look like mountains

changing leaves

the path in the morning light


I sat outside in the sunshine reading and then decided that I needed to do something so I got the shopvac out and vacuumed out the truck. It was pretty dirty! Later this afternoon, Gordon took the truck out and got it washed. I wish I could say it looks like a new truck again but unfortunately there are too many dents and marks on it for that!

I had just finished when a fifth wheel came in and attempted to back into the site behind us, without success I might add. He then decided to go around the loop and come at the site from a different angle and hit a tree. I haven't seen him since so I guess he decided not to come back. I have to give Gordon all kinds of kudos for driving this rig and getting us into our sites even though sometimes they're tough to get into. Backing these things up on difficult angles is not for the faint of heart!

This afternoon I was talking to a friend of mine here in Ottawa on Yahoo Messenger. She told me that she fell and broke her back mid August. Wow, you just never know what's going to happen. She is getting around a bit now but it's painful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.