Saturday 26 September 2009

Saturday September 26, 2009-More Visiting

Today was our last day of sunshine for a while. The rains are coming again. It was sunny but only 4C (39F) when I got up to go for my walk just before 8 a.m. The hunters were out this morning and you could hear the shotgun blasts so I didn't see any deer this morning. Although it's not deer season yet, I expect they were hiding.

Frost on the grass this morning


A great blue heron across the river this morning

Tree reflection


After breakfast I got ready to go in to Ottawa. I wanted to visit my sister and I also needed to pick up a package that Gordon's daughter, Michelle had sent him for his birthday - homemade gluten free cookies! I spent a couple of hours with Margie, John and Danica, and Margie made me lunch. I took off around 2 p.m., made a stop at Zellers (what used to be a Canadian department store but is now US owned) then on to visit my friend, Nancy who I mentioned in my blog the other night had broken her back last month.

She is getting around very slowly and very gingerly but she is moving! I also got to see her house. We usually meet at a restaurant when I'm in town so I'm glad I got to see it before she sells it and buys another one to fix up. This lady can do anything! She paints, she builds, she wires and loves fixing up houses. We had a nice chat for a couple of hours then it was back on the road to get home for dinner.

By this time the clouds had come rolling in. Rain is to start later tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:20 pm

    It is the opening of duck hunting season. Hope all is well and you have a good trip south this year. I will continue to follow your adventures.
    Jude

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.