Tuesday 18 August 2009

Tuesday August 18, 2009-Some Time with my Sister

I was up earlier this morning as I was meeting my sister in Lindsay at the library. One Tuesday a month in the summer they have a book sale. I don't usually buy anything but this time I found six books! Gordon dropped me off for 10 a.m. and I found Betty already in the library amongst the books.

After that since the day was kind of rainy, we went to the mall. Betty decided she needed a pedicure and I had a few errands to run. She wasn't all that impressed with the pedicure place so I'm glad I didn't get one. It's pretty hard to go somewhere else after you've been to "The Spa" in Ottawa. It costs a lot but they do it up right!

From there we went to the Durham Cafe for lunch. It was a pretty good lunch although my western sandwich was pretty dry as I only put very little ketchup on it due to my reflux disease. Anything with tomato bothers me. The beef and barley soup was very tasty though.

Betty then dropped me at the grocery store and I called Gordon to come and pick me up. I got some groceries then to the liquor store to buy some wine and home for the day!

I didn't even take my camera today since it was rainy and I didn't foresee that it would be required.

When I got back I submitted my Rainbow and Lightning photo to National Geographic so we'll see if anything comes of it. Thanks to Dee and Jake for the encouragement

1 comment:

  1. Durham cafe. We have a Durham, NC wonder if it's tied in together someway. Great that you got that photo posted. I hope it quits raining soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.