Thursday 20 August 2009

Thursday August 20, 2009-More Shopping

It was cloudy and warmer this morning when I went for my walk. Since it looked like rain I didn't venture out onto the road but stayed within the park.

After breakfast I got ready and went in to town. I had some items to pick up. While I was there I found Gordon another vest at Giant Tiger in a dark beige colour. It was on sale! So, now he's set for vests. I had some research to do on some things I'm thinking of buying for gifts so I can't mention it here. LOL

When I was out I bought a new outdoor mat for $6.67 at Canadian Tire. With it you got a $5.00 gift card so the mat wound up costing $1.67. Such a deal! I had been using our old indoor mat and it wasn't very good for outdoor and always seemed to be sopping wet. This one is stiff like an outdoor mat should be so maybe I won't have so much grass and stuff in the RV now.

I took this photo of the Scugog River when I went to dump the old mat in the garbage can.


I got home around 12:30 p.m., spent some time on the computer till I heard naptime calling. It turned in to quite a long nap.

Now to be prepared for a series of thunderstorms coming through the area this evening.

This weekend is our cottage weekend held annually at my sister's cottage at Pleasant Point which is on Sturgeon Lake. I expect my posts will be very late or possibly even done the following morning.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:06 pm

    Really nice mat for $1.67 !!! Those are the kinda deals I need to be finding to stretch my measly few dollars !! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:11 pm

    please let us know you're okay (you can imagine what today was like in Property Claims-world)

    .....Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.