Friday 16 January 2009

Going to a Shrimp Boil

This morning was cold again at 39F (4C) at 8:30 a.m. I heard the wind blowing and decided that staying in bed longer was a good thing but I eventually got up and went for my walk. I was going north trying to walk against the wind and that in itself was a good workout. For a while I felt like I wasn't gaining any distance at all!

Last night Gordon was searching for Airborne during the night. He seems to have picked up a bug from being out on the lake yesterday. We had run out so we needed to go to Walmart at Port Lavaca again today. I picked up two packs while I was there as well as some Contac. Then we get back and find that he's out of corn wraps!

So, I went to Plan B - instead of traveling all the way back to Walmart, I got out the bread mix that I brought along from Ontario for just such occasions and whipped up some gluten free bread. Sure hope this doesn't happen again as that's the last bread mix. There is a lady near our home base of Ottawa, Ontario that has put together packages of gluten free products as two of her kids have celiac disease and her bread mix is wonderful. I see their site is down right now as they're moving to a new web hosting company but if anyone's interested, they can phone. The bread mix is called Magic Multi Mix. To see their web page that isn't there right now, click here. I expect they will have a link from this site to their new one when it's up and ready.

It was colder and windier today but we did reach a high of 56F (13C). It was mostly cloudy with sunny periods.

Tonight was the shrimp boil at the rec hall. We went over about 5:15 p.m. They had cooked lots of shrimp with corn, potatoes and sausage. There was also macaroni salad, yeast rolls and garlic bread and quite a few desserts. I was good this time and didn't have any dessert. It sure was yummy though!

Now it's time to sit around and watch TV so all this food can just apply itself to the parts of my body where I don't want it!

I didn't take any photos at all today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.