Saturday 29 November 2008

Hangin' Around the RV

It rained some overnight so it was a bit cooler today but it was still 62F (17C) at 8 a.m. I went for my walk under cloudy skies with a few peeks of sun but after breakfast the sun came out for a while. The whole day was mostly cloudy with a few sunny breaks. Our high today was 69F (21C).

This morning I got involved in my daily expenses spreadsheet. I've done November in both U.S. and Canadian funds but don't think I will continue that. I'll probably convert everything to Canadian funds for the remainder of our time in the U.S. Either way it's a lot of work but if I want a yearly total, I'll have to use Canadian funds.

After that ordeal I took my yo yos and my book outside and did a bit of sewing. I haven't done anything on the yo yo quilt in over a year. I had only been out about 1/2 hour when I felt some sprinkles so back inside for me.

For those of you that don't know what a yo yo is, here's a photo. On the bottom left is a circle of fabric. You fold over a bit of material around the outside and do a running stitch then pull it together to make the yo yo (bottom right), then you sew them together to make the quilt block at the top. When you have enough blocks, sew them together to make a quilt - it's actually an ornamental bed cover rather than a quilt.

Most of the afternoon was spent on the computer chatting with Dee, an rv-dreams chatroom friend, surfing and generally doing nothing.

I had some turkey breasts that Gordon was going to barbecue for dinner but since it's windy, I decided to put them in the oven.

1 comment:

  1. That surely will make a lovely bed cover. That is a lot of work, but it will really be something when it is done, I hope you take a picture. Happy Trails, Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.