Monday 24 November 2008

Another Laid Back Day Here on the Gulf!

We had several downpours during the night. It would rain hard for a few minutes and then stop for a while, then start again. I had to get up and close the window. It's really nice sleeping with the window open again.

By the time I got up the sun was out and it was 66F (19C) so I had a run walk/run around the area and then came back to the picnic dock to do my stand up exercises.

My morning photo

When I was reading blogs this morning, one lady posted this website, Gender Analyzer. It's kind of neat, you put in the url of the website and it tells you if it's written by a man or a woman.

Here are some results from Gender Analyzer:
Mine - We think http://srmerrikinblog.blogspot.com is written by a woman (73%).
Howard - We think http://rv-dreams.typepad.com is written by a man (83%).
Waiter Rant - We guess http://waiterrant.net/ is written by a man (55%), however it's quite gender neutral.

Around 9:30 a.m. I had to go and dig out my shorts. Sure hope this weather keeps up. We like it a lot!

It was really hot in the sun this morning. I couldn't find my sun tan lotion so I took my chair down to the covered area in the marina and read for a while. I couldn't seem to find a comfortable spot today so I was changing spots for my chair and in and out of the RV. I went on a couple of little walks around the park where I found a couple of cactus plants.

I cleaned out my books area and took those that I've read or don't want to read in and traded them for new books in the campground library. I should be okay for quite a while now.

My computer hasn't been allowing me on the rv-dreams chat the last couple of days so today we backed up my computer and Gordon is going to reinstall the system which should reinstall Java. Apparently Java on the Mac is installed at intervals and there's no way to delete it and reinstall without doing a complete reinstall of the system. So, I might not be on chat again tonight. Sounds like this is going to take a while.

My afternoon photo




Late afternoon photo


Gordon went out about an hour before sunset as there were some interesting sunrays. I was reading on the couch when I heard a meow at the door. I went to the door and the campground kitty was sitting on the top step wanting to come in. I didn't let him in but I went out and sat and scratched his ears for a while then I went down to the dock area to take a photo of the sunrays and he followed me. He's become my best friend, sitting at the bottom of the steps of the RV. He even tried scratching at the screen. We've got to discourage that from happening!

Look at that cute little face


My shadow



5 comments:

  1. If I hadn't seen him tonight, I would have thought that cat was "Orange Glow" that has made his home here.
    If you want to discourage him from scratching your screen door, a little squirt from spray bottle of water does wonders. He will soon learn not to do it.
    He will be good company for you.
    It will be like a grandchild, you can spoil him, and then let him go back to his folks.
    I hope you can get in chat soon.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try your gender analyzer on tioga george, you will be surprised at how much it is fooled.

    Rod

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you and Gordon would love Utah, it is a photographers paradise!

    I am trying to figure out if you are staying at the same park we stayed at in Port Lavaca in the spring of 2007, it was a really nice park with a beautiful view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gender analyzer is whacked...both my current blog (2 Taking a 5th) and my old blog (From the Lily Pad) were in the 60%+ for written by a man. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun the analyzer! I love the pictures, sure does have the "it" factor where you are. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.