Sunday, 19 October 2008

The Second Leg

We left Double M Campground & RV Park at Lindsay this morning at about 10:45 a.m. under bright sunny skies and 10C (50F) for the second leg of our journey south. Since it was as low as -3C (27F) overnight we didn’t rush to get away as everything was cold and we don’t like to travel until it has warmed up to above freezing.

We arrived at Toronto, On around the noon hour and considering it was Sunday, traffic was fairly heavy. We were just happy that we had chosen to come through Toronto on a Sunday instead of a weekday. We didn’t stop at all since most of our travel was through city and there really was nowhere to pull off.

Here are some photos that I took along the way.

Along the way

We're gettin' there!

Commuter train that goes into Toronto from the east encompassing Oshawa, Pickering, Whitby, Ajax etc.

There are signs all along the 401 through Toronto telling you what's happening ahead

Lots of traffic

Steel Mills at Hamilton

It was a good trip considering and we arrived at Sherkston Shores at about 2 p.m. and got checked in. We have a nice site with a view out our back window of the quarry (as seen below). That is as long as someone doesn’t come in and park in the site behind us. We could have taken a back-in site and been right on the quarry but pull thrus are so much easier! Our site is paved with a concrete pad for the picnic table, level and long and we have 50 amp service so we’re happy campers, all for $129 plus tax for the week. This is a really nice jumping off point for us to leave from next Sunday. It’s about 20 minutes into Fort Erie and then across the bridge to Buffalo then west on I-90 and we’re away.

Our site

View from our back window

Gordon had a problem getting the internet satellite set up this time. He couldn’t get the five lights to come up on the modem but all the numbers were good. This is the first time we’ve had a problem for a long, long time. He was on the phone with tech support but couldn’t identify the problem so we were working off campground wifi when all of a sudden he realized that he had the wrong latitude put in. As soon as that was corrected, we had 5 lights and were away!

When we arrived I had a terrible case of heartburn. Rolaids and tums didn't help so I took a shot of apple cider vinegar. Hopefully that will work!

That’s it for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.