Tuesday 9 September 2008

Age is a State of Mind.......

Well, I'm now officially an 'old fart'. As of today I've spent 60 years on this earth and the good thing is, I still enjoy it! My husband told me this morning that I don't look like an old fart. Wasn't that nice?

I had a slow start this morning. It rained much of the night. I got up late, went for my walk (a brief reprieve from the rain) and after breakfast and a shower we went into Ottawa. It took us about 25 minutes to get to the lab where Gordon gets his blood work done from our RV park. I had a list of things to get done and we managed to get everything checked off the list. We also stopped at our RV dealer and set up an appointment for next Thursday to get the kit put in the refrigerator as ours was on the second set of Dometic recalls. There are some other minor items for them to look at as well. We had lunch at the Bayshore Mall, Gordon at Taco Bell and me at Subway. I had a birthday celebratory macadamia and white chocolate cookie for lunch as well as my 1/2 sub.

We had a little rain on and off while we were out but the sun also shone on and off. When we got back to the RV park the sun was out so I went around and took some flower photos and had a brief chat with Shonagh and Dave as they were out and about working in the park.

Flowers and leaves



When we got back, we both had a nap and then went for a walk together. It's getting pretty nippy. I was glad I had on my new $10 coat that I bought in Lindsay with the fleece lining.

Here's our view from the rear of the RV


My favourite tractor - I take this photo every year

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:22 pm

    Happy birthday,sweetie !!

    Greetings from Montreal (on business, what else??)

    Glad to see you made it back to CP safe and sound ...hope your big b-day was great !

    Love,

    Laura & Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday from someone older than you. Well then there is Sherri she is young but we wont hold it against her. Hope you have many more birthdays and you have enough wind to blow out those candles...LOL

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Hope you had a great day.

    Dortha and Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Sandra. I enjoyed the "virtual party" we had for you tonight. Sorry I had to leave to get back to my studies.

    Have a great day, and safe travels.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.