Thursday 13 March 2008

Walking in the Desert and Finding a Geocache

This morning I took my walk in the desert and again wound up on the west loop that leads to the north trail within Tucson Mountain Park. I walked quite a ways into the park. I saw a lot of flowers and one jackrabbit but he was too far away for me to get any photos. I was gone 50 minutes again as it takes at least 15 minutes to get to the gate to Tucson Mountain Park.

A dead saguaro against an interesting sky.

A bed of purple flowers.


And a bed of yellow flowers.

Pretty sky.


After breakfast I sat outside and read again. Ellie came over about 11 a.m. She had downloaded another geocache but this one required driving so she, Jim and I took off. This time I was manning the GPS. A first for me! It's quite an interesting little device. We drove to the Ironwood Picnic area and from there I guided (with Ellie's help) us to the cache. Ellie found the cache this time. It wasn't far from the parking lot and we could even see the car from where the geocache was located. The geocache was located under a palo verde tree and covered by rocks and sticks so we took all our precautions, opened the little box and Ellie signed my geocache name in the book. Jim recorded the event with photos.

Ellie finds the geocache.

This is the geocache (for my sisters who don't know what a geocache is).

We got much closer to Golden Gate Mountain on our geocache trip.


When we got home, I spent quite a bit of time trying to find out how to log the find at www.geocaching.com but I think I got it done finally.

After that I logged our expenses for March. I've been negligent in keeping them updated as I hadn't even started logging for March yet so now that's done.

The rest of the afternoon was spent having a nap and reading.

We had a beautiful sunset tonight.

Another exciting day in the life of a fulltimer! On to the rv-dreams chatroom tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.