Wednesday 12 March 2008

A Recipe and Plans for a Potluck

Since we can't add any more recipes to the rv-dreams cookbook, I decided to post this one here. It's a quick and easy recipe and it's something Gordon can eat as long as I make it with butterscotch chips.

Rocky Road Bars

6 oz chocolate or butterscotch chips
1/2 c. butter
1 c. icing sugar
3 c. miniature marshmallows
1 egg
coconut
graham wafers

Over low head combine, chips, egg, butter and icing sugar. Cool slightly then add marshmallows. Line an 8" square pan with graham wafers (I don't use the graham wafers). Pour mixture over wafers and sprinkle with coconut.

This recipe was taken from recipe book that our church (St. Peter's Lutheran Church, Williamsburg, ON) put out when I was a kid and has lots of good recipes in it. I'm very glad I have a copy.

If anyone wants an rv-dreams cookbook, please follow this link and send an email to Howard and Linda. The cost is $10/cookbook plus shipping.

I was lethargic again today. It seems I feel this way when I get into a really deep sleep. It's almost as if I don't come out of the sleep. I did sit outside for a while and read and after lunch fell asleep again on the couch.

Gordon asked me if I wanted to go to the Desert Museum but I told him I was too tired so away he went. Sure wish I had felt up to going along. However around 4:00 p.m. I went over to the office to see what the status was on the potluck. Christine had gone home but Doc said to go for it if I didn't mind doing the advertising. So Ellie offered to print out the flyers and I walked around our circle and told people. Ellie brought me the flyers and I biked around the front and gave out flyers and talked to the people and put some up around the office area. So Sunday's potluck is a go!

I didn't take any photos today so I'm posting one that my sister took of my friend, Sue and I when we were in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario in October. It's a photo of a photo so the quality isn't great. The other photo is Mexican Golden Poppies that I took in Tubac on Sunday.

Another beautiful 84F (29C) day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.