Thursday 3 April 2008

This is It!

Goodbye to Tucson! Gordon decided this morning that we're going to start our trek back to Ontario tomorrow (Friday). He thinks he's feeling well enough to go.

So this morning I went for what might be my last desert hike. I took the North Trail to Tucson Mountain Park then west to West Loop and back to the RV. I saw quite a few jackrabbits and one cottontail but thankfully, no snakes!

After breakfast, I set off to pick up some last minute groceries since we may not be unhooking the truck at night and to pick up more of the antifungal prescription as I have no idea if that is even stocked in Ottawa. On my way back, I stopped at the office to say goodbye to Christine (owner's wife) in case she's not here when we leave in the morning. She gave me some really yummy butter cake. That woman is always feeding me!

After unpacking groceries, I went to sit outside and read but the wind came up so I decided not to breathe any Valley Fever spores and came inside to read and do some computer stuff.

Just to let everyone know, we won't be hooking up the internet satellite on our way back (at least that's the plan) so my blog may be absent for a few days but I'll post when I can. I also probably won't be in the rv-dreams chatroom until we are settled either back in Ontario or perhaps in Ohio for a few days. Some of the parks may have wifi but the research I've done isn't hopeful for the most part.

We went out and fueled up late this afternoon. Just as we were leaving Ellie and Jim arrived back from La Mesa where there were having some things done to their new motorhome so we stopped by when we got back to say goodbye and so Gordon could see their new digs. He hadn't been over yet since they bought it due to his health. We said our goodbyes hopefully only until next winter in Rockport, TX.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad things are looking up and you're getting on the road. Drive carefully, have fun.
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:24 pm

    Take care, my new found friends. May God travel with you and watch over you on your journey north. We will miss you on the chat but we will be with you in our hearts. Post as quickly as you can.

    Joe and Sherri
    Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Howard feels up to starting the trek homeward. Don't let him overdo...not worth it! I'll be watching for updates...and won't rush to reply to your email...yet. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels - I enjoy reading your daily blogs. Phillis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:59 am

    Have a safe trip, good to hear Gordon is coming around.
    Things are not too bad in Ontario now. +13 and sunny tomorrow.
    stop by if you are ever in our neck of the woods. We have a BIG driveway w/ hyro & water....
    Kelly (Bayfield)

    p.s. ck out our blog to see what I did on the wkd !! *-*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.