Tuesday 1 April 2008

Housework and A Gift!

I woke up today feeling lethargic again probably from the Benadryl I took last night for my allergies. I thought I'm going to walk, have breakfast, read some blogs and go back to bed for a while.

I went for my walk and saw that some of the prickly pear cactus look like they're starting to bloom. I saw two jackrabbits and a cottontail but didn't take any photos. They were just too quick for me this morning.

The prickly pear cactus look like they're about to bloom.


Creosote bush in bloom.


After breakfast and blogs, I looked at the bed and decided to make it up instead of going back to it. Then I got out the dustrag and dusted, cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed and washed all the floors. Only then did I lay on the couch to finish my book - "Dry Ice" by Stephen White. It was a good book but I haven't read any of his that aren't good.

This afternoon I biked the garbage over to the dumpster and on the way back talked to Joy. She had made me this lovely necklace to remember her by. They are taking their RV in on Thursday to have the new furnace put in and probably won't be back.


It will be difficult leaving my new friends and not knowing when or if we'll see them again. A lot depends on Gordon's recovery as to what we'll do in the future. We still don't know if we'll be able to leave on Friday or not. We're on a 'wait and see' schedule.

It wasn't as hot as far as temperature goes today clocking in at 81F (27C) but it felt hotter than it's been. There's wasn't much breeze so I didn't sit outside today at all.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:19 pm

    Congrats on being published! Great picture.

    Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Gordon gets to feeling better. I enjoy your blog!
    Phillis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.