Tuesday 29 January 2008

Meeting New People!

After our rain last night I thought that we would have some pretty clouds this morning but the sky was clear and sunny although a bit colder than it has been. I walked around the perimeter of the park and as I was approaching the Buckhorn Trail I saw a coyote run through the desert behind the RVs. I wasn't able to get a photo of him as there is quite a bit of vegetation around. The people at site 37 were just coming out to take their dog for a walk and he said that one passed by when he was sitting outside last night only about 10 feet away from where he was sitting. That's the first critter that I've seen so close to the campground (other than birds) since we've been here although there are some in the park outside of the campground that Gordon has seen on his morning and evening photo sojourns.

This morning I made a stew. I like it to sit for a day before we eat it so since we were going out for dinner tonight, I decided to get that ready.

We had made arrangements to meet fellow fulltime RVers, Bob and Molly at the restaurant that we wanted to go to with JoAnn and Doug on New Year's Day. Chilero's is a fairly new restaurant in the Bashas shopping mall at the corner of Ellsworth and Brown in Mesa, not far from Usery Mountain Regional Park. Click on their name to go to their blog site.

We met Bob and Molly at 6:30 p.m., had a good dinner and had a good visit. It was great to finally meet these folks after chatting with them in the rv-dreams chatroom almost nightly for a few months. Actually Bob is usually the one in the chatroom with Molly looking over his shoulder. We had a nice evening, took a few photos, then home to wind down and get ready for another day - tomorrow is the dentist for me!

Left to right - Bob, Sandra, Gordon & Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.