Wednesday 26 December 2007

Tucson to Mesa, AZ

I've been tagged by Froggi Donna. Below are the rules. But since today is travel day, I'll have to delay this for another day or so. I also have to think about what's weird about me. I can't think of a thing! LOL

So, here are the rules:
  1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
  2. Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
  3. Share the 5 top places on your "want to see or want to see again" list.
  4. Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
  5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
On to our travel day:

I couldn’t help Gordon pack up much this morning because of the probability of twisting my foot on the rocks that were all over our site at Justin’s Diamond J RV Park so it took longer than usual to get packed up.

We didn’t leave Tucson till around 10:30 a.m. We took a backroad way to I-10 to avoid the construction through Tucson and wound up north of the construction area. We thought we were home free till we were about 6 miles south of the 202 loop at Phoenix when the traffic started to back up. It took forever to go three miles. There was an accident but it was all in the median area so no reason for the backup other than rubbernecking. The new 202 loop is a very nice road. Here’s the overpass that was being built when we were in Mesa two years ago. This construction was very close to the SilverRidge RV park where we were staying, and we could see and hear them working on it.

The 202 loop road.
Pretty overpass.

The overpass that was being built two years ago.


I’m really not sure what time we arrived at Usery Mountain Regional Park but it was definitely after 1:30 p.m. There was a note for us at the check in booth saying we were invited for late lunch/early dinner with Doug and JoAnn who are friends of Howard and Linda of rv-dreams.com. Their standard poodle, Fillmore is the official mascot of rv-dreams.com. Here is a photo that I took of Fillmore as we were leaving. Fillmore is a big, friendly playful dog.

Here’s the Phoenix sign that is clearly visible from Usery Mountain Regional Park.

I was able to help Gordon set up as the gravel on our site is the small pea gravel type so I wasn’t afraid that I was going to twist my ankle on it. Here’s a photo of our site. We’re not backing on the desert but it’s a pretty spot all the same and called a pull through although I would call it a pullout.

We finally arrived at Doug and JoAnn’s RV sometime around 4:00 p.m. We still weren’t completely set up but the rest can wait until tomorrow and we had kept these folks waiting far too long.

JoAnne made a delicious vegetable stew with quinoa and gluten free crackers. It was very yummy! I ate two bowls! Here’s a photo of our hosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.