Friday 28 December 2007

Results of "I've Been Tagged"

From Usery Mountain Regional Park, Mesa, AZ.

Yesterday I mentioned that I had been tagged by Froggi Donna but didn't have time to think about it yesterday so I've finally gotten it done today.

So, here are the rules again:
  1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
  2. Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
  3. Share the 5 top places on your "want to see or want to see again" list.
  4. Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
  5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are my lists.

Random/Weird facts about me:
  1. I met my husband through an ad in the newspaper.
  2. I don’t like crossing bridges especially in the dark.
  3. I don’t like mountain roads with switchbacks and sheer drop offs.
  4. I have a fear of heights so you won't find me in a cable car any time soon.
  5. I, like Froggi. won't put my head underwater when swimming or what I call swimming as I never really learned to swim very well.
Top 5 Seen/See Again list - there are so many beautiful places it's hard to choose:
  1. Palo Duro Canyon near Amarillo, TX - This is an awesome place to spend some time in nature. Beware the 10% grade in and out of the park.
  2. Oregon Coast - A very beautiful part of the western U.S.
  3. Banff and Jasper National Parks, Alberta - We didn't make it to Jasper but would like to go back.
  4. Texas Coastal Bend north of Corpus Christi, TX - We've been here a few times but always enjoy returning.
  5. The eastern and southern shores of Lake Superior in Ontario, hopefully we'll be back to photograph them this summer.
The following are those I've tagged:

  1. Carolyn & John - Travels in our Airstream ( a fellow Canadian)
  2. Doug & JoAnn - Our Dream
  3. Rod & Jean - Our Adventure
  4. Kev & Angie - Kev's Blog
  5. Pepper - Little House on Wheels
Hope those I've tagged are up to the challenge! This is a fun and interesting way to review yourself and where you've been.

We weren't very ambitious today so we lazed around all morning. Around noon we went for a brief walk, then I sat outside for a while but it was till pretty cool outside. Here are some photos taken on our walk and some from my lawn chair. Late in the afternoon we made it out to get propane, quite a difference in price from Tucson, from $17.50 to $23.27 to fill a 30 lb tank.

This is a phainopepla - he has the same crest as a cardinal or a Northern bluejay.

View from my lawnchair.

Photo taken on our way back from getting propane.

Here's a photo that Doug posted on their blog last night of Gordon and I with Fillmore. I borrowed it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice picture of the black bird, but I believe it is a male Phainopepla. Your pictures of Usery Mountain park make me miss it. I wish we were back there now.

    Glad you got to meet Doug and Joann. We've been trying but keep missing each other.

    Enjoy Usery Mountain.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.