Sunday 30 December 2007

Shopping, a Visit and a Sunset Drive

Still at Usery Mountain Regional Park, AZ

Today I struck out on my own to get groceries and generally have a 'girlie' day. I stopped at a new market claiming to have organic produce. I wasn't overly impressed with it as I was looking for gluten free food and flax cereal, neither of which they had on to a couple of Dollar Stores looking for cases for Gordon's DVDs, no luck there but I did pick up some kitchen garbage bags. I also stopped at Big Lots but still no cases for DVDs. On to Walmart where I got groceries. I was gone about four hours, most of it walking time. I think my foot fared rather well today.

I caught some little quail running around the campground today. They run really fast!

The ocotillo is starting to get new leaves here in the campground.


Just as I got back and got the groceries put away, JoAnn and Doug stopped by for information and directions on getting to Justin's Diamond J RV Park at Tucson. I tried for a photo with Fillmore giving me a kiss but he wasn't having any of it. Here's what we did get.

We then proceeded to go out for a sunset drive. We drove up the Apache Trail to Lost Dutchman State Park and took this photo of the Superstition Mountains from there.

We continued on to Goldfield, a ghost town which has been revitalized and took some photos there including this photo of the Superstition Mountains at sunset.

The little house behind the big house (as my Father used to say).


The little trainOne of the shops with the Superstition Mountains in the background


Does this remind you of Petticoat Junction?



The Good News and the Bad News in the Old West

The Good News
Not So Good News

The Really Bad News

And so ends another lovely day here at Usery Mountain Regional Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.