Friday 4 January 2008

Mesa Market SwapMeet

From Usery Mountain Regional Park, Mesa, AZ

We had a little bit of rain last night just as I was going to bed but it didn't last long. When I got up it was sunny with some cloud and 55F (13C). I didn't go for my walk this morning as I thought I'd save my foot since we were going to the Mesa Fleamarket this morning.

We arrived shortly after 10:00 a.m. and asked where the RV supplies were so we went there first. We got our heavy duty chocks, some stakes and a carpet that comes in a little carrying bag so now we can throw out that old piece of indoor/outdoor carpeting that we've had. Then we went our separate ways. I picked up a few items but nothing really special and some are for other people so I can't mention what they are. I'd like to go back again as we were only there three hours and I didn't get to look at everything I wanted to look at but both my back and my foot were getting tired so we came home. The thermometer in the truck read 74F (23C) on our way home, still mostly sunny.

Inside the Mesa Market SwapMeet

As you can see it's a series of large warehouses with stores on each side and concrete floors.

When I got back to the RV I did a minor closet clean up and pitched some stuff in the garbage and have a few things to go to goodwill. I need to do a more thorough clean up though.

Then I sat out for a little while when we came home but even with the temperature as warm as it is, it still feels chilly to me. I'm told by residents that it's because of the dry heat here. I also walked around a little bit but not too far from our site.

This is a photo of our 'yard'.





We've sort of decided that if we can stay here for another two weeks, we will, rather than going over to McDowell Mountain Regional Park. It's not as pretty over there as it is here and I would much rather stay here if at all possible. Again, plans made in jello!

There was a pretty nice sunset tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.