Saturday 4 February 2006

Canada Day in Mesa, Arizona

Today after my morning walk and breakfast, I decided to go to the pool and spa. Gordon was busy interneting so I walked up to the pool and was just going through the gate when my sister, Betty called from Toronto. She said it was cloudy there but not cold but they are looking forward to their trip to Spain which is coming up shortly. We had a nice chat and then I sat by the pool for a couple of hours. I spent some time in the spa and then in the pool returning in time for lunch. While I ate lunch I sat outside in my lawnchair and read. It reached 83F today but very pleasant with no humidity!

Mid-afternoon we went for our showers to be ready for the potluck at 5 p.m. Canada Day is a yearly event here and apparently at most parks in the area. Each year it is hosted by residents from a different province and this year was hosted by Manitoba. We had a great meal. I’m still stuffed! They handed out information pamphlets about Manitoba and then we had a quiz. It so happened we had a retired teacher from Bell High School in Ottawa at our table so although Gordon and I completed the quiz for the table, Chad marked it and we got 100%. At our table was the couple from Ottawa, Aggie & Chad and Ken and Joyce from Regina. These potlucks are only for Canadians in the park. Apparently each state also has a potluck between now and the end of March.

When we got home I decided to take the garbage out and go for a walk. I didn’t walk nearly as far as I usually do in the late afternoon but it was nice walking in the evening.

After returning to the RV I checked my email and I had two emails from my nephew, Nicholas, one sending the promised pictures of his paramedic team and the baby they delivered which is my picture for today! My handsome nephew is the farthest on the right. Thanks for the photos Nick and it was great to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.