Sunday 29 January 2006

Saturday Night and Sunday


When I uploaded my blog yesterday I thought that other than dinner and TV we were finished for the day but Gordon got his second wind and we headed east to see some of the sights. He was particularly interested in photographing the Superstition Mountains so we headed in that direction and wound up at the Lost Dutchman State Park where we took a few photos then to an “authentic” reproduction gold miner’s town called Goldfield Ghost Town which might have been authentic except for the phone booths, signs for jeep sightseeing trips and prices for the sightseeing trips that you would have been able to buy a farm for back in the 1800’s. Anyway, when we left I told Gordon that I didn’t have anything ready for dinner so he suggested we find a Taco Bell. I checked the internet before we left and found two on Apache Trail which was the road we were taking over to the mountains. So on our way back, we stopped there for dinner and watched the beautiful sunset. I did take a picture but with all the wires and signs, it isn’t much of a sunset photo.

This morning we were slow moving. After getting showers and sitting outside to read for a short time, it was noon! This afternoon, I again took my book outside and read a bit and I will admit had a short nap in the sun. It was very nice in the sun with a gentle breeze. Then I came in and asked Gordon if he wanted to drive over to the nearest WalMart SuperCenter so I could see where it is. I usually don’t mind driving as long as I know where I’m going. The traffic is bad getting out of the park and you do have to make a left turn on a 4 lane road. That will probably be the worst part. We found the WalMart and also a large shopping mall that I just might have to check out. If my back was the way it was five years ago I would walk to the mall, walk around and walk home but about two hours walking is all it can take these days and then it’s tightened up for a few days.


After we located WalMart, Gordon asked me where I wanted to go and I said I didn’t care so we headed for downtown Phoenix to see what it looks like. It’s about 20 miles away but we found it. Lots going on there, also lots of construction so Gordon took a few photos and then we headed south on I-10. I-10 is quite puzzling here and I don’t really know how to explain it but we had to double back and then came in on the new 202 Loop which isn’t finished so we took the last exit and came north to the park from there. We saw a lot more of the area anyway.


So tonight it’s hamburgers for dinner and my favourite shows – Desperate Housewives and Gray’s Anatomy.


Today’s photo is me at the “authentic reproduction” jail. I’ve posted a couple of other photos on my yahoo photos website at: http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/smerrikin/my_photos

For our original website go to: http://web.newsguy.com/gordonw/News/News.html Links to both our photo websites can be found here as well.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's quite a jail - I don't think it would hold anyone for too long - looks pretty rickety!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.