Monday 22 March 2010

Monday March 22, 2010-Stuff

Sunday passed in a blur, nothing exciting.

Ditto for today although we did go out for a drive this morning. It was cloudy and kind of foggy.

We're getting things organized. We had to go out today to fax the company that provides our satellite internet service in the RV to cancel that. I also called this weekend to cancel our Starchoice TV (now Shaw Direct) as we'll be going with Cojeco when we move to Smiths Falls.

I called Verizon to find out when our contract for our phones is up and it's not till November 14th. The service person asked me if I knew anyone I could transfer the phones to so I thought I'd throw it out to the RV community. We have the North American Plan. For about $90/month we get 2 cell phones (on the new every 2 plan), 500 minutes plus 1000 minutes evenings & weekends and 1000 in calling (to another Verizon cell) per month. We have coverage throughout the US and most of the eastern part of Canada. In fact, it worked when we were in Northern Ontario this past summer. We have roaming turned off so we don't have to deal with 'are we roaming'? If anyone is interested, contact me via the comments and I will look further into doing a transfer. I think you have to have a US address to qualify and if you have no US credit rating they ask for a deposit (four years ago it was $800 US).

Last night we had breakfast for dinner. I woke up about 1 a.m. feeling unwell and didn't sleep much for the rest of the night. Today I haven't felt the best either. I know eggs are on my list of foods I'm sensitive to but I've never had this kind of reaction from them. I also had a slice of Nancy's cranberry bread so that might be the culprit too. It's so difficult to figure these things out.

The photo today is of a tiny barn with a foggy background.

5 comments:

  1. I don't have a problem with eggs at all, but I can't eat fried eggs, omelets, etc., after about 5 pm or I suffer all night long. Cooking something that has egg in it, such as a pan of brownies, has no ill effects on me whatsoever. That's probably the best way to get your egg quota anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are getting it all together. We have to do a little at the time so we can be ready to blow and go by summers end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just because you are not fulltiming any more, won't you still need cellphones?

    Or maybe you want to do like me, and just have a $20 a month one for emergencies.
    But mine is TX only, with 50 minutes weekdays, (2 minutes a day), and 500 weekends, so yours is a good pretty good deal.

    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little building! If we didn't already have Verizon, I'd jump on that, hope someone comes forward to get it. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon. That pic of the fog was awesome.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.