Thursday 10 December 2009

Thursday December 10, 2009-Another Quiet Day

Today was another quiet day although warmer at 0C (32F). I went out for a walk this morning but it wasn't a very pleasant one plodding through snow drifts. I guess I'll have to stick to the streets now that we have so much snow on the trail.

Yesterday I got a letter and a bunch of documents from the lawyer in Buffalo as well as a four page form of personal details to fill out and of course, a bill. This morning I worked on getting some of the paperwork done.

I also did some shoveling in the back yard so the dog doesn't have to climb through snowdrifts and cleaned off some of the drifts on the deck. Have I mentioned how much I hate winter?

A blanket of white - it was still snowing this morning. It covered my glasses so by the time I got back I couldn't see.

On the way to the trail

The Trans Canada Trail



We had a bit more snow, I had thought I might go out as I have some Christmas gifts to look for but I decided not to go. I'm not comfortable driving the truck on slippery roads yet. I guess I'll get used to it at some point this winter.

Since I can't eat tomatoes we haven't had spaghetti for about two years. Tonight I made a sauce for myself with olive oil, spices, chopped red peppers and garlic that was really good. I think we'll be having spaghetti more often!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the idea on the spaghetti sauce suggestion. I really feel bad you're stuck in winter snows. It's been a rough for the Northeast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.