Saturday 12 December 2009

Saturday December 12, 2009-Christmas Tree and A Country Drive

Today was a busy day.

I had put my ice grippers on my sneakers last night and I have to say that they worked really well. I was even able to run with them. It was cold again this morning, much the same temperature as yesterday. It did warm up a few degrees during the day today from what yesterday had been and we also had some sun again.

This morning I drove Nancy to the chiropractor as we were going for some groceries after and also to pick up our Christmas tree. Saturday is not a day to be in a grocery store around here. People were rude and obnoxious. We got it done though and picked up our tree. A nice man put it in the back of the pickup for us.

Gordon brought it in the house and we got it set up in the tree stand so now we're waiting for the branches to hang down. It's a really nice tree, very uniform.

After all that was done, Gordon and I went for a drive in the country. It will be a few days before we have sun again so we decided to take advantage of it. We stopped by the RV. It looks so lonesome there standing in the snow.

Red barn behind the corn

Sun, trees, clouds & snow

An old log barn
Pretty tree in the snow

Our lonesome 5er

Lots of water in the falls at Almonte

3 comments:

  1. I think I saw that 5th wheel tapping its toe, wondering where his people went. Oh well winter is almost half over now. Best wishes for the Holidays.

    Rod & Loyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful winter photos. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even in the cold of winter, with the snow, you make it look so inviting, Sandra.
    Thanks for lovely pictures. Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.