Tuesday 19 May 2009

Moved to Tranquil Acres, Carleton Place, ON

I was up about 7:30 this morning - moving day! I did the 'up the hill' walk for the last time. I took my camera but didn't take any photos. I was hoping for deer but it didn't happen.

We had breakfast and got things ready to move and pulled out of Recreationland around 10:30 a.m., partly cloudy, 16C (60F), proceeded through Ottawa on the freeway and arrived at Tranquil Acres near Carleton Place, ON around 11:30 a.m.

We're here!

The owner showed us a nice site if we were interested in signing up for seasonal but we went with our regular pull through for now. It also appears that we have really good wifi here!

Our site

I have mixed feelings about Recreationland. For some reason I didn't feel 'at home' there like I do here at Tranquil Acres. Recreationland was ok, nothing special and although the owner says he has great wifi, it worked sporadically. I think the main reason was that it's so far from the west end where my sister lives and our medical professionals are located. Anyway, we won't write it off as we might need to stay there again.

We never did get together with David & Lise. It just wasn't the kind of weather this past month and with our medical ailments and appointments, there didn't seem to be time to get together. It seemed that we were out traveling a lot, probably because we were so far from where we needed to be! LOL But after arriving here and getting set up we took a walk around the park and felt.....at home.

The water is higher than we've ever seen it here. Usually this is more swampy. Now it looks like part of the river.

Road through the park by the water

The big old trees are falling in the water due to erosion

Me on the swing

Apple blossoms

Carpet phlox

Entrance to the park


Anyway, we're here in the west end for at least a month and probably longer as Gordon has a medical appointment on June 29th. After that, we'd like to head west to Lake Superior. While we're here we need to get our water pump fixed and have some other things done at our dealer. I also want to go in to my former office even though my boss is no longer there. Bummer! I want to meet up with a few friends as well and I still have some medical/dental appointments so this will be a busy month too.

I had put Pork Adobo in the crockpot and I made some rice and Carrots Cosmopolitan. Here's dinner!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful place and dinner looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I'll take some of that dinner. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.