Saturday 19 July 2008

Pinhey Forest

The rain yesterday and last night kept knocking out the internet satellite and thus knocking me out of the rv-dreams chatroom. It was really very heavy at times. It even knocked out the TV satellite which is pretty rare.

This morning when I got up the sun was shining but we still had some cloudy periods. Being Saturday I got to walk on the other side of Prince of Wales in one of the residential areas.

We didn't do much this morning but I did sit outside reading my latest book 'Fire Sale' by Sarah Paretsky. I only have one left to read after this one of the ones my sister, Betty, brought down with her when she came for Canada Day. I'm sure she'll have a pile more of them when we get to Lindsay.

We decided this afternoon to go and walk on a trail since it looks like the next three days are going to be rainy. When Gordon went outside he found that our neighbour, John was out so he went over to find out how he did on his Class A license yesterday. He said it was a piece of cake so he is now licensed properly to tow his Mobile Suites.

We sat outside with them for about 1/2 hour before taking off. We settled on Pinhey Forest which is behind the Nepean Sportsplex. We walked there for about an hour but only saw one squirrel and a blue jay. It's very shady in the pines so we were out of the sun but there were mosquitoes. Luckily I had mosquito repellent in my backpack.

Trails through Pinhey Forest

Moss covered log
Red leaves

After we returned, I started reading again and we both had our afternoon nap.

1 comment:

  1. Why is it up north has so many more mosquitos than the southern US? I know some folks have told us they are terrible in Alaska! Go figure. Sorry about the music I hope you can still read our adventure. We paid off all our debt today. We owe no one. We are now living on one paycheck to see if we can do it. If not we will be parked out behind the Wally World eating out of the dumpster. Stay tuned to see how things work out.

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.