Saturday 1 December 2007

Dramatic Skies

It rained yesterday from about 1:30 p.m. on and as the night came on so did the heavier rain and winds. The wind knocked both our satellite dishes off kilter so I was abruptly knocked off the chat rooms that I was participating in. Click here to read Gordon's satellite woes. At one point the rain didn't sound like it was coming straight down but sideways. It all seemed to end somewhere about 1:30 a.m. Kind of like the 24 hour flu! There was water puddles all over the place and lots of sand that drifted across roads.

I was up about 7:30 a.m. and we had some sun which was very pretty with the very dark skies but the sun was short-lived. This morning the skies kept getting darker and we thought we were in for another storm. The wind was forecast to be 40-50 mph but I don't think it got anywhere near that and all we had were a few sprinkles this afternoon.

Can you find the bunny rabbit? He's there!

My younger sister called early this afternoon and told me that her mother-in-law has had a massive stroke and is paralyzed on her left side. They aren't expecting her to recover from this one. She's recovered from numerous things over the last six years though. She is now 90 years old and her quality of life has greatly diminished over the last few years. To top off my sister's day yesterday she was hit by the snow plow that was plowing the hospital parking lot. Luckily she is okay. It wasn't a good day for her. I know that all of you reading this will pray for my sister and her family over the next few days.

We hung around the RV most of the day and mid afternoon Gordon saw sunrays so out we went in the truck to the end of Bopp Road for photos.


We took the Old Ajo Highway for a ways but there must have been flash flooding there last night and there was a lot of sand and muck on the road. We crossed this gully but the next one we decided not to take any chances.


When we came back we went for a long walk in the desert and took lots and lots of photos. It was nearing sunset as we were coming back so we had lots of golden light and shadows.




I just love walking in the desert. I think the paths remind me of when I grew up on the farm. I was always walking in the paths in the cow pasture.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some stunning pictures! I am sorry to hear of the bad news. But 90 years....wow....all the things she must have experienced. I can only hope I live till 90....or more!

    You mention the satellite....don't ya have your Verizon hooked up? Or is this place out of EVDO?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the prettiest pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.