Wednesday 26 September 2007

Dentist & Ken Reid Conservation Area

The new season of all my TV shows is starting this week. YEAH! I was getting really tired of reruns, consequently I was spending a lot of time on the rv-dreams chat room. The last two nights I haven't been on it at all!

Last evening around our dinner time the rains came. It rained heavily for a period of time and we had some thunder and lightning but not close although the power did go out once very briefly. Then around 1:30 a.m. it poured. I went back to sleep so not sure how long it rained but it was very heavy.

This morning I had a dentist appointment in town. My periodontist had found a small cavity when I was there last week and since we were leaving immediately after that appointment to return to Lindsay I didn't call my own dentist. I found a dentist here, called and got an appointment for today so now I have a dentist in Lindsay. I also got the name of a chiropractor which one of the girls in the dental office recommended so that could be handy. There aren't a lot of doctors taking patients in the area. There are a couple of new ones that came to Peterborough last year that are accepting patients. I guess they have offices around the area. If we're going to be spending a lot of time in the area it might be worthwhile. Will have to ponder that.

The dentist froze me and it didn't take any time at all to fill the cavity however it took four hours for the freezing to leave my face. While I was at the dentist, Gordon got his hair cut and picked up some stuff at Bulk Barn. He was just coming out of Bulk Barn when I called him to come and pick me up.

After the dentist, we went to the Ken Reid Conservation Area which is just outside of Lindsay. We haven't spent much time there and each time we take a drive in, we say that we have to come back. Although today we did go for a walk along the boardwalk and Gordon walked down to the beach, we still have to go back. There are lots of trails there. Here are some photos that we taken in the conservation area.

And the one below I took at the campground when I got back during my walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.