Wednesday 2 May 2007

Laundry and Not Much Else

Today was a bright sunny day with a little breeze. When I got up the temperature registered at 9C (48F). I saw the peahen this morning. She looked like she was waiting for the store to open. I saw her hop up on the bench but then she started looking in the window – too funny!

Because of my gastrointestinal relux disease sometimes I get what feels like a sore throat even with the medication so I have to sleep basically sitting up. If I was in a regular bed in a house I’d raise the head of the bed on books or something but you can’t do that in an RV so I usually sleep on the couch for a couple of nights. That doesn’t give me a very good sleep and after only one night it hasn’t helped my throat either but I’m not sure I can take another night on the couch as it doesn’t do my back any good. It’s good for naps during the day though.

I had a huge pile of laundry to get done but when I went for my walk this morning the laundry building was being worked on by some construction guys. They told me they were replacing the roof and the laundry would be open so around 10:00 a.m. Gordon drove me over (there was no parking in front of the laundry today due to the roofing and since we just got new tires yesterday we didn’t want to be anywhere near nails) and helped me take the laundry in. It took over two hours to get it done as there are only four dryers and I couldn’t get enough washers when I first arrived but at least now it’s done so we’re ready for our trip to Toronto and Kitchener this weekend.

While at the laundry, I chatted with a lady who has been here for six years. She has a park model in the area where you can stay for 9 months of the year. The other three months she either stays with friends or rents a hotel room in Gananoque. She says the reason for all the units here that are for sale is mostly circumstance – spouses passing away, jobs taking people elsewhere etc. She said it’s a lovely park and the people who own it are very nice and have owned it for 28 years. So that answers a question I had earlier this week.

This afternoon after putting all the laundry away, I just sat around and read and did puzzles. Our high today was 17C (62F)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.